Starting with Governor Isaac Shelby
From Mom's Site
18. Isaac 4 SHELBY (Evan3, Evan2, Phillip1 SELBY) was born 11 Dec 1750 in Frederick Co, MD, and died 18 Jul 1826 in Lincoln Co, KY. He married Susannah HART 19 Apr 1783 in Boonesboro, KY, daughter of Nathaniel HART and Sarah SIMPSON.
Children of Isaac SHELBY and Susannah HART are:
66 James5 SHELBY, born 13 Feb 1784 in "Travellers Rest"; died 8 Aug
1848 in Lincoln Co, KY.
67 Sarah "Sally" SHELBY, born 8 Oct 1785 in "Travellers Rest"; died 17 Oct 1846 in "Travellers Rest".
68 Evan SHELBY, born 27 Jul 1787 in "Travellers Rest", Lincoln Co, KY; died 19 Apr 1875 in Sequin, Guadalupe Co, TX.
69 Thomas Hart SHELBY, born 27 May 1789 in "Travellers Rest"; died 14
Feb 1869 in Fayette Co, KY.
70 Susannah SHELBY, born 20 Mar 1791 in "Travellers Rest"; died 1867 in Danville, Lincoln Co, KY. She married (1) James FISHBACK in Lexington, KY. She married (2) James MCDOWELL Nov 1809 in Lincoln Co, KY. She married (3) James SHANNON 20 May 1824 in Lincoln Co, KY. She married (4) John MCKINNEY 16 Sep 1834 in Lexington, KY.
71 Nancy SHELBY, born 23 Dec 1792 in "Travellers Rest"; died 25 Aug 1815 in "Travellers Rest". She married Samuel Kelsy NELSON 30 Mar 1811 in Lincoln Co, KY.
72 Isaac SHELBY, born 30 May 1795 in Frankfort, KY; died 17 Nov 1886 in Danville, Lincoln Co, KY.
73 John SHELBY, born 5 Mar 1797 in "Travellers Rest"; died 11 Oct 1815 in Frankfort, KY.
74 Letitia SHELBY, born 11 Jun 1799 in "Travellers Rest"; died 22 Jul 1868 in Owensboro, KY.
75 Katherine SHELBY, born 14 Mar 1801 in "Travellers Rest"; died May 1801 in "Travellers Rest".
76 Alfred SHELBY, born 24 Jan 1804 in "Travellers Rest"; died 1 Dec 1832 in "Travellers Rest".
Capt Evan Shelby Has his little Blow up in Fredrick Maryland
68. Evan5 SHELBY (Isaac4, Evan3, Evan2, Phillip1 SELBY) was born 27 Jul 1787 in "Travellers Rest", Lincoln Co, KY, and died 19 Apr 1875 in Sequin, Guadalupe Co, TX. He married Nancy Wilcox WARREN 10 Aug 1811 in Lincoln Co, KY.
Children of Evan SHELBY and Nancy WARREN are:
209 Isaac6 SHELBY, born 17 Aug 1812 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co, KY; died
15 Jun 1829 in KY.
210 John Warren SHELBY, born 11 Nov 1814 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co, KY; died 25 Feb 1881 in Lincoln Co?, KY.
211 James McDowell SHELBY, born 6 Aug 1816 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co, KY; died 19 May 1877 in Memphis, Shelby Co, TN. He married Ann HART 26 Sep 1853 in Lincoln Co, KY.
212 Susanna Hart SHELBY, born 9 Jul 1818 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co, KY; died Oct 1866 in Tampico, Tamps, Mexico. She married William S READ 3 Nov 1833 in Lincoln Co, KY.
213 Judith Ann SHELBY, born 23 Jul 1820 in Danville, KY; died 16 Aug 1896 in Bandera, Bandera Co, TX.
214 Nancy Warren SHELBY, born 29 May 1822 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co,
KY; died 22 Feb 1887 in San Antonio, Bexar Co, TX. She married Louis Buford
TAYLOR 2 Dec 1845 in Danville, Lincoln Co, KY.
215 Evan SHELBY, born 27 Nov 1824 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co, KY; died in Moark?, Clay Co, MO.
216 Letticia Rochester SHELBY, born 12 Feb 1826 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co, KY; died 20 Dec 1828 in Danville, Lincoln Co, KY.
217 Joseph Weisiger SHELBY, born 7 Oct 1828 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co, KY; died 23 Apr 1852 in Lincoln Co, KY.
218 Sally McDowell SHELBY, born 9 Oct 1831 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co, KY; died 12 Sep 1874 in Seguin, Guadalupe Co, TX. She married William M RUST 4 Dec 1857 in Seguin, Guadalupe Co, TX.
219 Alfred Thomas SHELBY, born 3 Jul 1833 in "Milwood", Lincoln Co, KY; died Aft. 1892 in Seguin?, TX. He married Martha A CALVERT 19 Dec 1854 in Lincoln Co, KY.
213. Judith Ann6 SHELBY (Evan5, Isaac4, Evan3, Evan2, Phillip1 SELBY) was born 23 Jul 1820 in Danville, KY, and died 16 Aug 1896 in Bandera, Bandera Co, TX. She married William Morrison CARPENTER 28 Sep 1841 in Carpenters Station, KY.
Child of Judith SHELBY and William CARPENTER is:
410. Nancy Warren7 CARPENTER, born 11 Dec 1852 in Elizabethtown,
KY; died 6 Dec 1926 in San Antonio, Bexar Co, TX.
410. Nancy Warren7 CARPENTER (Judith Ann6 SHELBY, Evan5, Isaac4, Evan3, Evan2, Phillip1 SELBY) was born 11 Dec 1852 in Elizabethtown, KY, and died 6 Dec 1926 in San Antonio, Bexar Co, TX. She married Robert Hart THOMPSON 27 Mar 1873 in KY.
Child of Nancy CARPENTER and Robert THOMPSON is:
Florence Mildred8 THOMPSON, born 3 Oct 1885 in Moreland, KY;
died 5 Mar 1963 in Edinburg, TX.
She married Jack TROLINGER 4 Sep 1905 in San Antonio, Bexar Co, TX.
From the Drollinger's of Germany (Roy B. Trolinger's Site)
649. Yours Truely JOHN DAVID15 TROLINGER
(JOHN SHELBY14, JOHN SHELBY13, JACK12,
HENRY JUDSON11, WILLIAM HENRY10 TROLLINGER,
HENRY T.9, JOHN8, HENRY JACOB7, ADAM6 DROLLINGER, HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born prvt. He married Jane Lee Miller prvt in pvt Texas
Children of Jane Miller and John TROLINGER
1. pvt 2. pvt
And Now the Trolinger line, Starting with Mom and Dad
548. JOHN SHELBY14 TROLINGER, JR (JOHN SHELBY, SR13, JACK12, HENRY JUDSON11, WILLIAM HENRY10 TROLLINGER, HENRY T.9, JOHN8, HENRY JACOB7, ADAM6 DROLLINGER, HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born prvt Texas. He married JUDITH ANN prvt.
Children of JOHN TROLINGER,JR and JUDITH ANN are:
649.i. JOHN DAVID15 TROLINGER, b. prvt
ii. JAMES MICHAEL TROLINGER, b. prvt
388. JOHN SHELBY13 TROLINGER (JACK12, HENRY JUDSON11, WILLIAM HENRY10 TROLLINGER, HENRY T.9, JOHN8, HENRY JACOB7, ADAM6 DROLLINGER, HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born September 03, 1912 in San Antonio TX88. He married DOT Bair April 01, 1938.
Children of JOHN TROLINGER and DOT Blair are:
548. i. JOHN SHELBY14 TROLINGER, b. November 08, 1939.
ii. JAN TROLINGER, b. September 03, 1947, Camp hood Tx.
Notes for JOHN SHELBY TROLINGER:
[Broderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 3, Social Security Records:
U.S., SS Death Benefit Records, Surnames Beginning with T, Date of
Import: 6 Apr 1996, Internal Ref. #22.214.171.124469.37]
Notes for Dot Blair, from Judith Trolinger (mom):
They named her that (Dot) as she was the last of 11 children.. Dot died
25 Feb 1961, Long Beach, Long Beach Co, CA. and is buried in the Belton
Cemetery, in Belton, Bell Co, TX.
The Shelby Line Connects Here to FLORENCE THOMPSON
285. JACK12 TROLINGER (HENRY JUDSON11, WILLIAM HENRY10 TROLLINGER, HENRY T.9, JOHN8, HENRY JACOB7, ADAM6 DROLLINGER, HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born May 16, 1885 in Whitesboro TX, and died December 23, 1960 in Mission TX. He married FLORENCE MILDRED THOMPSON September 04, 1905.
Children of JACK TROLINGER and FLORENCE THOMPSON are:
387. i. HENRY JUDSON13 TROLINGER, b. October 07, 1909, San Antonio TX.
388. ii. JOHN SHELBY TROLINGER SR, b. September 03, 1912, San Antonio TX.
389. iii. WILLIAM CARPENTER TROLINGER, b. December 04, 1916, San
Antonio TX; d. May 1986.
390. iv. ARTHUR JONES TROLINGER, b. September 22, 1925, Mercedes TX.
391. v. NANCY HART TROLINGER, b. prvt, Mercedes TX.
205. HENRY JUDSON11 TROLINGER (WILLIAM HENRY10 TROLLINGER, HENRY T.9, JOHN8, HENRY JACOB7, ADAM6 DROLLINGER, HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born October 31, 1850 in Henry Cty MO, and died February 27, 1913 in San Antonio TX. He married (1) ELLA M. HARLAND. He married (2) BELLE SAVAGE December 09, 1879, daughter of SAMUEL SAVAGE and ELIZABETH MADDOX. He married (3) EUGENIA SAMPLE September 1892.
Children of HENRY TROLINGER and BELLE SAVAGE are:
i. ESTELLE12 TROLINGER, b. 1881; m. WALTER P. NAPIER.
ii. BESSIE TROLINGER, b. 1883.
285. iii. JACK TROLINGER, b. May 16, 1885, Whitesboro TX; d. December
23, 1960, Mission TX.
149. WILLIAM HENRY10 TROLINGER (HENRY T.9, JOHN8, HENRY JACOB7, ADAM6 DROLLINGER, HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born August 11, 1827 in Dublin VA, and died October 28, 1895 in Whitesboro TX. He married MARY JANE THOMPSON January 22, 1850 in St. Clair Co., MO.
Children of WILLIAM TROLLINGER and MARY THOMPSON are:
205. i. HENRY JUDSON11 TROLINGER, b. October 31, 1850, Henry Cty MO; d. February 27, 1913, San Antonio TX.
ii. ELIZABETH MEDORA TROLINGER, b. June 16, 1853; d. May 30, 1870, Waco
iii.LILLA MAY TROLINGER, b. July 24, 1860, St Clair Cty MO; d. June 03, 1892, Whitesboro TX; m. JAMES M. BUCHANNAN, September 26, 1883.
iv. HARRY TROLINGER, b. 1864; d. 1864.
v. FANNIE TROLINGER, b. December 29, 1867; d. October 07, 1870.
vi. H. L. TROLINGER, d. Aft. 1895.
206. vii. CORA ESTELLE TROLINGER, b. February 19, 1855; d. December 05, 1916, Whitesboro TX.
Notes for WILLIAM HENRY TROLLINGER:
William Henry Trolinger son of Henry T. Trolinger 1800
Source: Lineage of the Decendants of Adam Trolinger; Mrs. Donald C.
Trolinger, Ottawa Hill, Rt. 1, Box 226A, Miami, OK 74354.
Notes: William Henry Trolinger was a doctor and graduated for the
medical school in Louisville, Kentucky. He married Mary Thompson
Montgomery, widow of James Montgomery, in St. Clair County, Missouri.
They had ten children, two of whome were living at his death in 1895. He
served as a surgeon in the Confederate Army and was a member of the Texas
Legislature from Grayson County, Texas. He was a respected and prominent
physician of Whitesboro, Texas, and trustee of an orphanage for many
years. Two of his children: H. L., a doctor, who lived in San Antonio,
Texas; & Cora who married a Mr. Campbell and lived at Whitesboro.
97. HENRY T9 TROLINGER (JOHN8, HENRY JACOB7, ADAM6 DROLLINGER, HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born October 26, 1800 in Newborn, Montgomery Co., VA, and died November 29, 1838 in Henry Cty MO. He married ATTELIA WHITE CECIL June 08, 1826 in Dublin VA, daughter of PHILLIP CECIL and MARY WYGAL.
Children of Henry T Trollinger and ATTELIA WHITE CECIL are:
149. i. WILLIAM HENRY10 TROLINGER August 11, 1827 in Dublin VA, and died October 28, 1895 inWhitesboro TX.
150. ii. MARY ELIZABETH TROLINGER, b. June 18, 1829, Dublin VA; d. July
14, 1859, Henry Cty MO.
151.iii. JOHN PHILIP TROLINGER, b. February 07, 1835, Henry Cty MO; d. January 25, 1885, Benton Cty MO.
iv. AMANDA VIRGINIA TROLINGER, b. March 02, 1831, Dublin VA; d. December 21, 1856; m. ISAAC HARTMAN, 1851.
Notes for HENRY T. TROLINGER:
Family of Henry T. Trolinger 1800
Sources: Family Bible of William H. Trolinger now in possession of
Judith Trolinger; Marriage Register, Montgomery Co., VA Bk A, p 201;
Henry Co., MO Abstract of Wills & Administrations, 1968, p 17; Tombstone
Inscriptions, Henry Co., MO, Vol. 1, Williams, p 52; Windsor, Mo
"Review," Jan 1885; History of Henry Co. MO, Lamkin, 1919, pp 821-823;
Henry Co. MO Marriages Records, 1835- 1861, p 18;
Henry T. Trolinger son of John Trolinger 1771
Source: Lineage of the Decendants of Adam Trolinger; Mrs. Donald C.
Trolinger, Ottawa Hill, Rt. 1, Box 226A, Miami, OK 74354.
Notes: Born near Newborn, Montgomery County, Virginia, 26 October
1800. He married 8 June 1826, Attillia White Cecil. They were married
by the Reverend J. G. Cecil. In 1832, the family moved to Missouri.
John Trolinger, known as Honest John, gave his son, Henry, 700 acres of
land on Neck (or New) River opposit Horse Shoe in Montgomery County, on
his marriage to Attillia Cecil. Henry was a farmer after his marriage.
Some say he was a physician, but this has not been proven.
51. JOHN8 TROLINGER (HENRY JACOB7, ADAM6 DROLLINGER, HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born 1771 in Orange Co., NC (Haw River), and died October 11, 1842 in Pulaski Co., VA (Dublin Cemetery). He married ELIZABETH BURRIS December 30, 1792 in Montgomery Co., VA, daughter of WILLIAM BURRIS.
Children of JOHN TROLLINGER and ELIZABETH BURRIS are:
94. i. SARAH9 TROLINGER, b. March 01, 1794, Dublin VA; d. March 25,
1887, Dublin VA.
ii. POLLY TROLINGER, b. 1796; d. 1906, Texas; m. (1) JACOB HEAVENER, February 05, 1814; m. (2) MARTIN ELLIOTT, September 01, 1818.
iii. ELIZABETH TROLINGER, b. August 15, 1799, Dublin VA; d. July 29, 1886, New Bern VA; m. MICHAEL JORDAN, September 01, 1818, Montgomery Co., VA.
95.iv. MARY TROLINGER, b. Bef. 1800, VA; d. Bef. 1910, TX.
v. ELIZA TROLINGER, b. Aft. 1800, VA; m. JOHN ROBERT DURHAM, May 25, 1835, Montgomery Co., VA. 96.vi. JOHN TROLINGER, b. Aft. 1800, Dublin VA; d. May 01, 1883, Dublin VA.
97.vii. HENRY T. TROLINGER, b. October 26, 1800, Newborn, Montgomery Co., VA; d. November 29, 1838, Henry Cty MO.
viii. PHOEBE KATHERINE TROLINGER, b. April 01, 1804, Dublin VA; d. January
15, 1889, Dublin VA; m. JACOB L. SHUFFLEBARGER, March 27, 1825, Montgomery
ix. ELIZABETH TROLINGER, b. 1810; d. December 18, 1888, Giles Cty VA; m. JOHN DURHAM.
Notes for JOHN TROLLINGER:
John Trollinger 1771
Source: Durst and Darst Families of America, with discussions of Forty
Related Families Sandford Charles Gladden, 1969. p 734, 751.
Notes: As a Presbyterian, he took a prominent part in the reorganization
rebuilding of the New Dublin Presbyterian Church in 1833. He built the
old Trolinger place, an old long log house, with each room opening on the
outside. It was located just east of the town of Dublin, and was rebuilt
He owned several thousand acres east of Dublin. The property included
the Coffee Pot Farm, the "Old Trolinger Place," and the Elliott Place.
On 11 October 1840 he died at the "Old Trolinger Place," and was buried
in the Trolinger (now Dublin) Cemetery. His wife survived him until 12
His will was made 28 September 1832 and probated 5 November 1840
(Montgomery County Will Book 1, p 1).
John Trolinger 1771
Notes: John Trolinger was born at Haw River, North Carolina in 1771.
Early in the Revolutionary War his father, Jacob Henry Trolinger, bought
a large tract of land in Montgomery County, now Pulaski County,
Virginia. The family moved to Virginia shortly afterward. On the
property was a salt peter cave where they mined salt peter and made gun
powder for the Continental Army. Late in the War the family moved back
to North Carolina. When a division of the property was made, Henry,
John's eldest brother, received land in North Carolina and John, that in
Pulaski County, Virginia. John Trolinger married Elizabeth Burris at
Lynchburg, Virginia, 30 December 1792. She was born in 1776 and died in
1869. John Trolinger died near Dublin, Virginia, in 1842.
Source: abstract of the old deed for the division of property on file in Hillsboro, North Carolina.
Notes: "John Trolinger et al to Henry Trolinger. This indenture made
this 6th day of march in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred
and Four between Peggy Sever, Mary Huffman, Barbara McCoy, John Trolinger,
and John Bason, all of the State of Virginia of the first part and Henry
Trolinger, of the County of Orange, of the second part. Witnesseth............
In witness whereof we have herunto set our hands and affixed our seals
the day and year first above written. Signed: Barbara X McCoy; Phebe X
Trolinger; Mary X Trolnger; Margaret X Sever; Mary X Huffman; John X Trolinger;
John Bason. Signed, sealed and Delivered in the presence of - Fredrick
Bason, Joseph Bason.
27. HENRY JACOB7 TROLINGER (ADAM6 DROLLINGER, HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born August 03, 1731 in Ellmendingen, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany, and died August 1798 in Dublin, VA. He married ANNA BARBARA WIDMER, daughter of SAMUEL WIDMER.
Children of HENRY TROLINGER and ANNA WIDMER are:
i. SAMUEL8 DROLINGER, b. May 11, 1753, Upper Saucon Twp Lehigh Cty PA10.
Notes for SAMUEL DROLLINGER: Baptismal Sponsors Samuel Widmer and Margaretha Drollinger
ii. MARGARET TROLINGER, b. Bef. 1762; m. JOHN SERVER.
iii. MARY TROLINGER, b. Bef. 1762; m. ADAM WALL , CAPT..
49. iv. HENRY TROLINGER, b. March 10, 1762, Orange Co., NC;d. February 29, 1844, Haw River NC. 50. v. BARBARA TROLINGER, b. Bef. 1771.
51. vi. JOHN TROLINGER, b. 1771, Orange Co., NC (Haw River); d. October 11, 1842, Pulaski Co., VA (Dublin Cemetery).
vii. ELIZABETH TROLINGER, b. 1778; m. JOHN LINKOUS, Bef. 1804.
viii. PHOBE TROLINGER, b. 1786, Montgomery Co., VA; m. PHILIP MARTIN, September 08, 1807, Montgomery Co., VA.
ix. MARY TROLINGER, b. Aft. 1786; m. JOHN HUFFMAN, Bef. 1804.
x. MARGARET TROLINGER, b. Unknown.
xi. WILLIAM H. TROLINGER, b. Unknown.
Notes for HENRY JACOB TROLLINGER:
From Judith Trolinger (Mom); Based on Church records in Germany-By
way of Mrs Pat Trolinger of Miami, OK. Nov 1975 Jacob is shown as Henry
Jacob and Jacob Henry, Trolinger/Trollinger..
Take your pick..
Jacob married about 1757, in NC, to his 1st wife Barbara_____. Name
of 2nd wife doesn't seem to be known. Jacob and Barbara's son [our ancestor]
John Trollinger who died 11 Oct 1840 in Pulaski Co, VA, mentions in his
will his half sister Elizabeth.
Name also: Jacob Henrich Drollinger - changed name
Family of Henry Jacob (Jacob Heinrich) Trolinger (Drollinger) 1731
Source: Rupp's German Immigrants, & The History of Almance Co.,
NC, Miles S.W. Stockard, Raleigh, NC, Capitol Printing Company, 1900. Chapter
XVI. pp 142-147.l Early records show that 18 August 1759 a grant of 160
acres of land on the west side of Haw River was issued to him. Shortly
before the Revolutionary War he bought a large tract of land in Montgomery
County, Virginia (near the town of Dublin which is now a part of Pulaski
County), and moved there. On the property was a salt petre cave, from which
he and his sons mined salt petre and made it into gun powder for the American
Army. During the latter part of the war he moved back to North Carolina.
Additional Notes from Roy B Trolinger
16. ADAM6 DROLLINGER (HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1) was born Bef. April 04, 1708 in Ellmendingen, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany, and died 1776 in Haw River, NC. He married MARGARETHA VALENCIA BECK January 09, 1731 in Ellmendingen, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany, daughter of VALENTIN BECK and CATHARINA GÖTZ.
Children of ADAM DROLLINGER and MARGARET BECK are:
27. i. HENRY JACOB7 TROLINGER, b. August 03, 1731, Ellmendingen, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany; d. August 1798, Dublin, VA.
ii. EVA KATHERINA DROLLINGER, b. June 09, 1733; d. Unknown.
iii. ROSINE (ROSINA) DROLLINGER, b. May 28, 1735, Ellmendingen Baden; d. June 08, 1735, Ellmendingen Baden.
iv. ADAM DROLLINGER, b. August 09, 1736, Ellmendingen Baden; d. August 09, 1736, Ellmendingen Baden.
NOTES ON THE BECK'S now have their own page right
Notes for ADAM DROLLINGER:
Family of Adam Drollinger 1708
Sources: Elmendingen Lutheran Parish Records copied by Patricia Scruggs Trolinger and Ella Gieg in May of 1972. Darst Family of Virginia, H. Jackson Darst. Records of Mrs. Pat Trolinger, Miami, OK and Mrs. Ruba Orr, Craig, CO.
"German Pioneers - arrivals at Port of Philadelphia from 1727-1808," Volume II, Author Strassburger- Genealogical Publishing Co., (Baltimore, MD, 1966) and
"Arrivals at Port of Philadelphia 1727-1808, Vol I.
Dates on Memorial of Jacob, Henry & Adam Trolinger. Also, in Stockard, SW - The History of Alamance County p 143, 1900, Capitol Printing Co., Raleigh.
Notes: Pennsylvania German Pioneers" stated they were Palatine Immigrants
departing Rotterdam, next sailing to Dover, England, arrived at Philadelphia
20 Sep 1738 on ship "Friendship" commanded by Captain Beech.
Adam and Eberhard (probably Adam's cousin) left their home and made their home and made their way up the Rhine River to Rotterdam and sailed by the way of the English Channel to Port of Dover, England to Philadelphia, PA, aboard the ship "Friendship."
It is believed that Eberhard remained in Pennsylvania, at least he did not go to North Carolina with Adam.
They arrived in Sep 1738 and took the oath of allegiance to the British Crown on 20 Sep 1738.
Adam went with other Germans to Orange (now Alamance) County, NC where he settled in 1745 on the western bank of Haw River.
It is believed he may have lived in Pennsylvania, maybe Burks county for a while before moving to North Carolina. It was reported the move took place because land was getting so expensive in Pennsylvania. In Orange County he was instrumental in establishing a Union Lutheran and Reformed Church on the "pike leading from Salisbury to Hillsborough at Haw River."
The tombstone of Adam Trolinger in the old family burying ground at Haw River, North Carolina, states that his eldest son, Jacob Henry, came with him to Pennsylvania in 1737 (1738 is more probably correct) and thence to North Carolina in 1745 they and other German emigrant families went overland by wagons through Maryland and Virginia to the vicinity of Haw River, North Carolina.
Trolinger family General Information Sources:
The History of Almance Co., NC, Miles S.W. Stockard, Raleigh, NC, Capitol Printing Company, 1900. Chapter XVI. pp 142-147.l
One of the first settlers in Alamance county, NC, in the year 1745, was Adam Trolinger,
During the Revolutionary war Cornwallis passed here on his way to the
Guilford Battle Ground and camped over night, and by taking and destroying
the grain in Jacob Henry's mill, made the old gentleman very angry, and
he told Cornwallis what he thought of him, whereupon Cornwallis had him
tied to a tree, with a bridle bit in his mouth, so that he could neither
speak nor extricate himself. They left him in this condition. He was found
late in the evening and untied by a Mrs. Rippy, who chanced to come to
Source: Durst and Darst Families of America, with discussions of Forty Related Families Sandford Charles Gladden, 1969. p 734, 751.
The family name was originally spelled Drollinger, and the ancestor of the Virginia branches, Adam Drollinger used that spelling.
Adam's son, Henry Jacob, changed the spelling of the family name to Trollinger, but its pronunciation remained "Drolinger" during his life-time.
The family was originally from the foot of the Swiss Alps near the Rhine River in South Germany. Their descendants came to America during the 18th century in the great immigration of the Palantinate Germans.
Since the coat of land in Pennsylvania was high, Adam Drollinger and other Germans left Pennsylvania and went to North Carolina. There Adam Drollinger located on the pike leading from Salisbury to Hillsborough at the Haw River (then in Orange County, now in Alamance county, formed from part of Orange County).
Adam Drollinger and his son Henry Jacob were at first prominent in
the Moravian Church, but later were at first prominent in the Moravian
Church, but later were instrumental in building a Union Lutheran and Reformed
Adam Drollinger was buried in Haw River, North Carolina.
Source: "Emigrants from Baden and Württemberg in the Eighteenth Century" by Brigitte Burkett pp60-61 Source: "Emigrants from Baden and Württemberg in the Eighteenth Century" by Brigitte Burkett p61 Notes: Hacker#1708: Adam Drollinger of Ellmendingen, with little estate; granted manumission 1737.
Notes: Strassburger & Hinke Lists 58A, 58B, 58C: the ship "Friendship" [also given as "The Friendship"], whose passengers qualified in Philadelphia 20 Sept 1738. The Captain's List, 58A calls him Adam Drollinger age 30. List 58C signature is [signature of Adam Drollinger].
As Margaretha lived at least until 1770 deed and she was born in 1700, she could have children as late as 1746-47.
Links for Reference:
REF for MargarethaConfirmed at LDS
State of Baden Info on Britannica
HANS5 MICHAEL DROLLINGER (HANS MICHAEL5, MICHAEL4, WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1)
MICHAEL4 DROLLINGER (WENDELIN3, MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1)
WENDELIN3 DROLLINGER (MELCHOIR2, BERNHARDT1)
MELCHOIR2 DROLLINGER (BERNHARDT1)
The Big #1:
1. BERNHARDT1 DROLLINGER was born 1545 in Dietlingen, Baden, Germany, and died May 13, 1622 in Dietlingen, Baden, Germany.
Child of BERNHARDT DROLLINGER is:
2.i. MELCHOIR DROLLINGER, b. 1572, Dietlingen, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany; d. March 10, 1662/63, Dietlingen, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany.
Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas Trolinger, John S, b. 09/03/1912, d. 04/12/1978, Plot: MA 0 119, bur. 04/12/1978 http://www.interment.net/data/us/tx/bexar/ftsamnat/t/ft%5Fsam%5Ft08.htmThanks go to Roy B. Trolinger for getting me really interested, and of course to Mom, for always being there (plus thirty years of research).
Other Relations of Note
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/n/e/u/Lori-L-Neuenschwander/COL11-0355.html http://www.familytreemaker.com/cgi-bin/iff?first=&last=trolinger&submit=go&middle=&lo=lffi&lo=la&lo=lglc&lo=li&lo=lm&lo=lvg&offset=200 http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/p/o/t/Mary-L-Potthast/COL3-0266.html
BACK to the Trolinger Home Page
created: August-2000, revised: Febuary-2001